NEGOTIATING THE NONNEGOTIABLE
1 in stockCompare
For anyone struggling with conflict, this book can transform you. Negotiating the Nonnegotiable takes you on a journey into the heart and soul of conflict, providing unique insight into the emotional undercurrents that too often sweep us out to sea. With vivid stories of his closed-door sessions with warring political groups, disputing businesspeople, and families in crisis, Daniel Shapiro presents a universally applicable method to successfully navigate conflict. A deep, provocative book to reflect on and wrestle with, this book can change your life.
Be warned: This book is not a quick fix. Real change takes work. You will learn how to master five emotional dynamics that can sabotage conflict outside your awareness:
1. Vertigo: How can you avoid getting emotionally consumed in conflict?
2. Repetition compulsion: How can you stop repeating the same conflicts again and again?
3. Taboos: How can you discuss sensitive issues at the heart of the conflict?
4. Assault on the sacred: What should you do if your values feel threatened?
5. Identity politics: What can you do if others use politics against you?
In our era of discontent, this is just the book we need to resolve conflict in our own lives and in the world around us.
- ASIN : 0143110179
- Publisher : Penguin Books; Illustrated edition (March 7, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 352 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780143110170
- ISBN-13 : 9780143110170
- Item Weight : 9.6 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.46 x 0.7 x 8.4 inches
- 3.80 rating from 5 reviews